Saturday, June 26, 2010

" 'What' and 'if' two words as non-threatening
as words come.
But put them together side-by-side and they
have the power to haunt you for the
rest of your life: ‘What if?'..."

I don't know how your story ended.
But I know that if what you felt
then was love, true love, then
it's never too late. If it was true
then, why wouldn't it be true
now? You need only the courage to
follow your heart...

I don't know what a love like that
feels like... a love to leave loved
ones for, a love to cross oceans
for. But I'd like to believe if I
ever felt it, I'd have the courage
to seize it. I hope you had the
courage to seize it, Claire. And if
you didn't, I hope one day that you
will."

Letters to Juliet, written by Sophie, to Claire.
This letter when read out loud to in the movie made me tear like crazy. Its not just the powerful words that moved the many that was inside the cinema, but much more, its meaning.
I believe that I have met the right guy, to spend the rest of my life with, to drive down the roads of Orchard, listening to Big Shit or Fight For This Love. Don't laugh. Because we never got to travel out of the country despite the long holidays after my A Levels. So Sentosa, town, his place, his bed, Lot One, Causeway Point, West Coast Park are our little mini getaways. But, the big holiday is coming! I like to believe so. The US of A! Factory Outlets, sight-seeing... Yea, i want that.

Just a moment ago, we went to the airport to pick my dad up. I made a mistake. I was not attentive enough. I did not know the severity of my mistake until he told me so. For what's worth, I get what i give. And I would willingly take whatever that is thrown my way. Because I love him.

A love that I decided to fight back for, we have come a long way... the both of us. You changed. Me too. Our love grew. I don't want to throw all of this away and look back 50 years in regret. I don't think I would have the time to scour a whole Sienna for the same Jo. And if I ever found you again, I don't want to look at your grave, neither would I want to look at you have another happy family of your own. I want that for myself.

Just by the way you kissed me on the cheek and my neck, I know what I have lost. But as long as I get to snuggle next to you, hold your hand, feel your rough palms, just to be with you... I am contented.

Just so you know.

Ger